Built in 1912 as a patrician villa by Pfleghard & Haefeli architects, the house just gained back its original character.
The two-story historical building, located on and named after Signaustrasse, distinguishes itself with simple elegance. Spacious generosity and great attention to details characterize the villa with its impressive foyer, elegant lounges and an architectural garden, designed by Gustav Amman for the planning office of the famous Froebel brothers.
As part of the extensive refurbishments for the new Guesthouse Signau House & Garden, the existing substance was modernized carefully. This also included the elimination of past architectural blunders such as the destruction of the garden, that was converted into a parking lot in the 1960s.
The reconstruction was also highly focused on elegance and comfort. All furnishing, color, and material concepts are harmoniously arranged and refer to the original function of the house and its current use as a place of comfort and relaxation.